PTFE (Teflon) Rods have excellent thermal and electrical insulation properties, have low coefficient of friction, but are not suitable for wear application and are difficult to bond with adhesive.
- Pure PTFE Rods - highly flexible as well as extremely dense, low friction and can withstand huge changes in temperature
- Glass-filled PTFE Rods - stronger and more durable
- Carbon-filled PTFE Rods - improved compressive strength, reduced deformation under heavy loads, and better wear resistance
- Bronze-filled PTFE Rods - has good thermal and electrical conductivity
- other fillers may not be readily available